Congratulations! You have finally made up your mind that it’s going to be Canada that you choose to further your studies at. All the bags are packed, you’re ready to say your final goodbyes, everything seems unreal. You’re as ready as you are ever going to be to build a new life in Canada – well at least for as long as your study permit allows.

But what? You need a visa?

What will you need?

The requirements for a student visa vary from case to case. However, generally what you’ll need is:

  • A valid passport
  • Proof you have accepted an offer to study at an accredited academic institution in Canada
  • Proof of financial means to study and live in Canada
  • Evidence of your willingness to depart from Canada after studies
  • Proof you are criminally and medically admissible to enter Canada
  • to show enthusiasm at the prospect of studying in Canada

What am I entitled to?

Once you obtain a Canadian student visa, you automatically qualify get a job anytime during the entire academic year. This mean you get to enhance your portfolio with relevant work experience. Moreover, you get to earn extra money which you use to pay for your tuition or take your friends out for a treat.

Additionally, you can also to apply for an ‘off campus work visa’, after you have spent 6 months studying in Canada. The visa enables you to peruse Jon opportunities outside your campus which you weren’t entitled to do so before.

If after graduation, as is the case for most students, you still want to stay back, you will have to apply for a ‘post-graduation work visa’. With this visa you can remain and work in Canada for 3-4 years after you’ve graduated. From there you can even work your way towards a permanent residence, if you’re interested. Hence, you can get clearance to both work and live in Canada permanently.

So, are you ready to start a new adventure in Canada?

Apply now!

Add Your Comment