Citizens of most countries who do not hold permanent resident status in Canada need to apply for a visa to be able to visit Canada. Applicants are required to apply for a visa prior to their arrival in Canada otherwise they won’t be allowed entry into the country. Hence, if you’re looking to pay a visit to Canada male sure you have a valid visa

However, there are conditions which can exempt an applicant from getting a visa. Nevertheless, you will still require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Apply today!

In case the reason for your visit to Canada is to spend your holidays, visit family, conduct business or simply travel you need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Thus, showing the Canadian border officer you meet all the requirements of a temporary resident of Canada being a visitor, student or worker.

There can be a situation in which an applicant has a criminal record, or they face some other issue that puts hurdles in their admission to Canada. In such a scenario, neither will an eTA nor a TRV will suffice. Consequently, you will have to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for you to gain entrance into Canada.

Processing Time

If you are submitting a temporary resident visa application from somewhere outside of Canada, then the processing time for your visa application varies depending on the location of the office where you submit your application.

Normally, it takes around 3-140days to process everything on average. The time will also depend upon the location and the time of the year in which you submit your application. Most offices are able to process their applications within one month.


Add Your Comment